Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Kikubo Village Part 2


A few weeks ago I blogged about a village in Uganda that was being built as a shelter for women. In Uganda, if a man divorces his wife, she becomes an outcast. The stigma against these divorced women has them struggling to survive. This village offers them a place to live and learn job skills so that they can become self-sufficient. The village itself is more or less self-sufficient and grow much of its own food.

I have some pictures of the village before the new buildings were added. These were the ones that I was given so that I could put together the rendering I painted for fundraising efforts. Another note--none of these pictures are mine.

Church and classroom:
 
Typical hut:
 
Building the orphanage (with the model farm in the background):
 
The model farm:
 
Another picture of the church and classroom:
 
The classroom and church under construction:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment